Here is a step by step guide on how to top up PayPal with MPESA:
1. Complete the PayPal MPESA login process
Log into the PayPal Mobile Money service website.
2. Select the "Top Up" option
Click on the "Top Up" button to start the process of transferring your money from MPESA to PayPal.
3. Calculate the USD equivalent
The website has a calculator to convert the USD amount you want in your PayPal account to the Kenya Shillings (KES) you need to transfer from your MPESA.Once you have calculated the KES equivalent, you can move to the next step below.
4. PayPal MPESA PayBill number
- Go to your MPESA menu on your phone, then to "Lipa na MPESA", then to "Paybill".
- Enter the PayPal PayBill number 800088 as the business number.
- Then, enter your phone number as the account number. Remember to use the PayPal MPESA linked mobile number!
- Enter the KES equivalent calculated in the previous step.
- Finally, enter your MPESA PIN and click on "Send".
You will receive an SMS in your PayPal MPESA mobile number confirming that the USD equivalent has been added to your PayPal account balance!
Normal MPESA Charges will apply
Now you know how to send money from MPESA to PayPal!