This is a complete guide on how to easily create a TSC TPAD account in FY 2022/2023.
It includes screenshots from the new TPAD2 tool for each step of the online process!
How to Create a New TPAD account
As promised, see screenshots for each step for creating your new TSC TPAD2 account.
Total Time: 5 minutes
Go to the Teachers Service Commission website
Visit https://www.tsc.go.ke/ on your browser.
Select the Online Services tab.
Click on the the TPAD option
On the Online Services dropdown list, select the TPAD option.
Access the Teacher Performance Appraisal and Development (TPAD) portal
This will take you to https://tpad2.tsc.go.ke/ on your browser.
Next, click on Login button in the TPAD Home Page so as to create a new TPAD account.
Click on option applicable to you in the TPAD tool above.
New TPAD Account Registration Process
This will take you to https://tpad2.tsc.go.ke/auth/login on your browser as seen above.
If you have a TPAD2 account, you can log in using your TSC number, ID number and password.
Otherwise, click on First time login? Create account
Enter the required information
Register with the right details. You won’t be able to complete the process if you enter an incorrect email address or if the TSC number is missing.
See the section below for the exact items required to create your TPAD 2 account.
Once done, click on Create Account
The TPAD 2 portal will show a success message.
You will also receive an email or SMS message with a token.
Enter the code received via email or SMS on your phone and then click on Verify Token
TSC TPAD Home Page
That’s it! You are done with the TPAD 2 account creation process.
You will see the above dashboard when you login.
- ID Number
Materials: TSC Number
What is required to register TPAD2 account?
The information required to register your TPAD2 account is:
- TSC Number
- ID Number
- Phone number
- Email Address
- Mode of Notification (when you create the new TPAD 2, you will get a success message via SMS or email depending on the mode selected)
Here is a link on how to check the status of your TSC number.
How to add Bio Data in TPAD 2 portal
Ensure you are logged into the TPAD 2 portal before proceeding.
Next click on My Profile on the top right of the menu.
You can now add your education level and subject combination details.
Below are the steps to enter your bio data in the TPAD2 portal:
Step 1: Add your personal information
Enter your bio, contacts and institution information.
Make sure to capture your highest level of education and the Institution of Study.
Step 2: Select the “Subjects Combination” option
Under the drop down menu, choose your teaching subjects.
Once done click on the Submit option to update your data in TPAD2.
About Teacher Performance Appraisal and Development (TPAD)
TPAD is a performance evaluation mechanism that assess all the Teachers Service Commission employees.
Its main goal is strengthening supervision in each institution in the education sector.
Open performance appraisal system
According to the Teachers Service Commission code, TSC will:
- require heads at the institutional level to perform continuous monitoring of their teachers.
- use performance appraisal reports for promotions and other rewards.
- uphold teaching standards by identifying training needs that support professional growth.
Roles of the Teachers in the New TPAD account
Every teacher is expected to upload their self appraisal data online.
Roles of the Deputy Head in the New TPAD account
Here is what the Deputy Head does in the TPAD 2 tool:
- Undertake lesson observation
- Update the weekly lesson attendance data
- Set up meetings for the appraisal of teachers and the Head of Departments (HOD)
- Arbitration for the teachers and HODs
- Take part in the appraiser appraisals process
Roles of the Principal in the New TPAD account
The principal has the following roles in the TSC TPAD:
- Capture the new teachers in TIMS
- Activate new teachers on TSC TPAD
- Induct new teachers on TSC TPAD
- Continuous monitoring, supervision and evaluation of teachers.
- Submit termly reports (including on lesson attendance)
- Appraise the Deputy Head
- Countersign officer for all teachers in the school arbitration
Steps for the TPAD 2 Process
Here are the 8 steps to the TPAD 2 process:
- Develop an appraisal calendar
- Set targets
- Implement targets and gather evidence
- Self appraisal based on the set standards prescribed
- Appraisal rating by Appraiser based on evidence gathered
- Appraisal rating meeting online between Appraiser and Appraisee
- Identification of gaps by Appraisee and Appraiser
- Development and implementation of teacher support and performance development
New TPAD Teaching Standards
Here is a summary of the key standards under the new TPAD 2:
- Create a lesson observation request online.
- Undertake the lesson observation at least once a term
- Capture learner progress records in the institution.
- Prepare professional documents based on the current syllabus
- Ability to observe punctuality in lesson attendance, performance of duty and preparation of professional documents.
How to contact TSC
In case of any queries, you can contact the Teachers Service Commission (TSC) via any of the below channels:
TSC Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100068909722515
TSC Contacts: (020) 289-2000 or 0722 208 552 or 0777 208 552
TSC Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
TSC Headquarters Upper Hill, Nairobi: TSC House, Kilimanjaro Avenue
TSC Twitter: https://twitter.com/tsc_ke
TSC CEO: Dr. Nancy Njeri Macharia
Other Valuable Guides
Take the next step to your financial freedom by learning how to invest with money market funds in Kenya.
Learn the Top 5 ways to earn money in Kenya.
Finally, if you plan to make money online, then check out this guide on PayPal in Kenya.
Join the best Kenyan Telegram Channels
One of the more popular eCitizen service offerings in Kenya is the NTSA TIMS account
Here is step by step guidance to view your TSC Payslips online
Learn everything you need to know about the teachers service commission
Share this helpful guide with another teacher.