The Teachers Service Commission (TSC) is an independent commission established in 1967 under the Constitution of Kenya.
It plays a key role in the education sector such as recruitment and remuneration of teachers working in any public school or related institutions.
Their main offices are in the capital city of Kenya (Nairobi). However, they have offices in each county in Kenya.
The vision of the Teachers Service Commission is to improve the quality of the teaching service and achieve its human resource mandate.
How do I access TSC website?
Here is the link to access the official TSC website on your browser: https://www.tsc.go.ke/
The Teachers Service Commission website provides various TSC online services such as:
- Access links to your TSC Payslips online
- Follow up on your pension claims.
- Get P9 forms to do your tax returns from the online system.
- Access the recruitment portal used to manage human resource requirements.
- Update incorrect email address and other account data in the online portal.
- Access links to the Teacher Performance Appraisal and Development (TPAD) online system.
- Access the merit list for all teachers including head teachers.
- Get latest information on vacant positions, advertised posts and other related education sector data.
The TSC online services website is quite progressive. The website has an accessibility menu which makes it easy for anyone to use.
How can I check my TSC recruitment status?
Here is the process to check your TSC recruitment online:
Total Time: 5 minutes
Go to TSC online services portal
Visit https://www.tsc.go.ke/ on your browser.
Select the Online Services tab and on its dropdown list, select the Teachers Online Services option.
This will take you to https://teachersonline.tsc.go.ke/ which also has the recruitment portal services.
Click on the the Teacher Registration Status option
In the recruitment portal, click on the Registration option highlighted above.
Enter your TSC number
Next, enter your TSC number or National ID number or your Passport Number.
Click on Search
Finally, click on Search to check on the progress for your teacher registration.
Access your account data
If the applicants’ recruitment is finalized, the online portal will provide the below information:
– Contact Information
– Registration Category
– Subject Combination
– TSC no. and whether you are active or not.
You can save or print the information for future online application for vacant posts.
In case of any issues, contact the teachers service commission via the contacts below and ask them to kindly assist to resolve them.
Take note of following advise. Under the Constitution of Kenya, it is an offence to engage in the teaching service unless you register as a teacher.
Make use of the above online services if you are interested in any public school job or related employment post.
Also, applying for a TSC job is free of charge. Do not be conned!
- Kenya ID Card
Materials: TSC Number
- EXACT steps to access Hustler Fund – with screenshots for each step!
- Apply for Hustler Fund Loan via USSD
What does it mean when TSC registration status reads in progress?
This means the applicants’ information has been received but it is in the process of being checked.
What does it mean when TSC registration is verified?
Once it is confirmed that the applicants’ information is correct, the status of the TSC application will change to Verified.
On finalization of the recruitment, it will change to Registered.
You will also receive a text message when the application process is completed successfully.
How long does TSC number take after verification?
You can expect your TSC registration certificate to be issued to you within 30 days after successful verification.
What are the requirements for TSC registration?
Here are the requirements to register as a teacher in Kenya:
- Passport Photo
- KRA Pin Certificate
- Mobile Phone Number
- National ID No or Passport Number (for non-citizens)
- Official Name (include an affidavit if any of the names differ or miss in the documents)
- Job Category (ECD, Primary or Post Primary)
- KCSE grade and year you sat the exam
- Confirmation you are trained as a teacher
- Primary school certificate
- Secondary school certificate
- Tertiary certificates (including transcripts in one PDF document)
- GP69 Medical Letter
- Certificate of Good Conduct
- Certificate for persons with disability
- Clearance by Commission of Higher Education
- Letter of clearance from Ministry of Education Vetting Committee (for non-citizens)
- Evidence of Payment (Bank deposit slip or MPESA confirmation message)
- Permanent address (must agree to your current address so as to send the TSC certificate)
There are links to submit the information above in the Teachers Service Commission website.
In accordance with the Public Officers Ethics Act 2003, all teachers service commission employees are required to do a wealth declaration stating their income, assets and liabilities.
How much does TSC registration cost?
There is a non-refundable fee of Kshs 1,060 for new TSC applicants.
The fee can be sent to the National Bank of Kenya account or the TSC MPESA Paybill Business number 625625.
Evidence of payment will be required to process your certificate.
Learn about the New MPESA charges for sending or receiving money via phone, ATM or MPESA agent.
The guide includes a curated list of transactions that are FREE via MPESA!
How do I contact TSC Kenya?
You can contact the Teachers Service Commission (TSC) and ask them to kindly assist with your queries via:
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone Number: (020) 289-2000 or 0722 208 552 or 0777 208 552
Offices: TSC House, Kilimanjaro Road, Nairobi, Kenya
Who is the CEO TSC?
The current CEO of the the Teachers Service Commission is Dr. Nancy Njeri Macharia.
She is the first woman to hold the position in Kenya.
She has a Masters of Education Degree from Bristol University and a Bachelor of Education Degree from Kenyatta University.
Other Valuable Guides
Teachers need to invest and money market funds in Kenya are a great way to get started.
Join the best Kenyan Telegram Channels
Here is the link to step by step guidance on how to view your TSC Payslip online (with screenshots for each step!)
Find out how to easily create a TPAD2 account (with screenshots for each step!)
Tags: tsc website www.tsc.go.ke www-tsc-go-ke www.tsc.go.ke online services
Share this valuable guide with another teacher and impact their life as well!